Practice Test:Logical Reasoning
Each question below is followed by two arguments numbered I and II .You have to decide which of the argument is Strong argument and which is a Weak argument. Give answer as
(a) If only argument I is strong.
(b) If only argument II is strong.
(c) If neither I nor II argument is strong
(d) If both I and II argument are strong
1. Statement: Should infertility cure part of family planning?
I. Yes, government wants to help infertile couples to have babies.
II. No, this cannot be done when country struggle with population explosion.
2. Statement: Should computer education be made compulsory at school level?
I. Yes, it is the essential education, so everybody must learn it.
II. No, student should not be forced to learn any computer education.
3. Statement: should FDI rules eased for Multi-brand retail?
I. Yes, it sweetened the deal for foreign investment in multi brad retail.
II. Yes, foreign retailers will now be allowed to open stores in cities that have a population of less than a million.
4. Statement: should all the loss making financial institutions be sold to private institutions?
I. Yes, there will be improvement in the quality of services.
II. No, there will not be job security for the employees
5. Statement: High accumulation of foreign exchange reserves a healthy sign for Indian economy.
I. No, recognising caste-based discrimination and discrimination based on work and descent as a violation of human rights and an obstacle to development.
II. Yes, sometimes caste plays a big role.
Choose the correct conclusion for the following.
1. Statement 1: All those who graduated from MTV College are very intelligent.
Statement 2: Only intelligent people work in LT Company.
A) Graduates from other colleges are not so intelligent.
B) Graduates from MTV College work in LT Company.
C) Neither (A) nor (B) follows.
D) Both (A) & (B) follow.
2. Statement 1: Private companies’ employees work for six days in a week.
Statement 2: Government employees work for five days in a week.
A) Private companies’ employees are better than Government employees.
B) Private companies’ employees work more than Government employees.
C) The workload on Private companies’ employees is more than that on Government employees.
D) Both Private companies’ employees and Government employees have same amount of workload.
3. Statement: Do not Smoke.
A) Smoking is a punishable offence.
B) Smoking leads to cancer.
C) Penalty of Rs.500 will be charged on the person who is caught smoking.
D) None of these.
4. Statement: Ani earns more than Sam. Next month the salary of Sam will increase by Rs.5000.
A) After the increment in salary, Sam will earn more than Ani.
B) Even after an increment in Sam’s salary, Ani will earn more than Sam.
C) After the increment, Sam and Ani will earn equal amount of salary.
D) None of these.
5. Priya is a friend of Aarti. Aarti is a friend of Geeta. Geeta is a friend of Neeta.
A) Priya is a friend of Geeta.
B) Priya is a friend of Neeta.
C) Aarti is a friend of Neeta.
D) Geeta is a friend of Aarti.