PRACTICE TEST:Logical Reasoning
1. K, L, M, N, P, Q, R, S, U and W are the only ten members in a department. There is a proposal to form a team from within the members of the department, subject to the following conditions:
A team must include exactly one among P,R And S.
A team must include either M or Q, but not both.
If a team includes K, then it must also include L, and vice versa.
L and N cannot be members of the same team.
L and U cannot be members of the same team.
The size of a team is defined as the number of members in the team.
1.What could be the size of a team that includes K?
1. 2 or 3 2. 2 or 4 3. 3 or 4 4. Only 2 5. Only 4
2.In how many ways a team can be constituted so that the team includes N?
1.2 2.3 3.4 4.5 5.6
3.What would be the size of the largest possible team?
1. 8. 2. 7 3.6 4.5 5. cannot be determined
4.Who can be a member of a team of size 5?
1. K 2. L 3. M 4. P 5. R
5.Who cannot be a member of a team of size 3?
1. L 2. M 3. N 4. P 5. Q
2.Roshan is taller than Hardik who is shorter than Sushil. Niza is taller than Harry but shorter than Hardik. Sushil is shorter than Roshan. Who is the tallest?
1. Roshan 2. Sunil 3. Niza 4. Harry 5. Hardik
3.A man walks 20 m towards South. Then turning to his right he walks 30 m. Then turning to his left he walks 20 m. Again Turning to his left he walks 30 m. How far is he from his starting position?
1. 30 2. 60 3. 20 4. 80 5. None of these
4.Read the information given below and then answer the questions that follow. There is a family of six person P, Q, R, S, T and U. They professions are Engineer, Doctor, Teacher, Salesman, Manager and Lawyer.
|(i)||There are two married couples in the family.|
|(ii)||The Manager is the grandfather of U, who is an Engineer|
|(iii)||R, the Salesman, is married to the lady Teacher|
|(iv)||Q is the mother of U and T.|
|(v)||The Doctor, S is married to the Manager.|
From the information given in the question it is clear that there is a family tree of three generations. Family Tree
|1st||P (Manager)||S (Doctor)|
|2nd||R (Salesman)||O (Teacher)|
|3rd||U (Engineer)||T (Lawyer)|
It is clear from the information that two married couples will be (P – S) and (R – Q). Sex of U and T can’t be determined from the information.
1. How many male members are there in the family?
1. 3 2.3 3. 4 5. None of these
2.What is the profession of P?
1. Lawyer 2.Lawyer or Teacher 3.Manager 4.None of these 5.Cannot be determined
3.Who are the two married couples in the family?
1.PQ and SR 2.RU and ST 3.PT and SR 4.PS and RQ 5.None of these
4. How P is related to T?
1. Father 2.Grandfather 3.Mother 4.Grandmother 5.Wife