PRACTICE TEST :DATA INTERPRETATION
A team of 5 players Arpit, Bimal, Chatur, Dinu and Elan participated in a ‘Freaket’ tournament and played four matches (1 to 4). The following table gives partial information about their individual scores and the total runs scored by the team in each match.
Each column has two values missing. These are the runs scored by the two lowest scorers in that match.None of the two missing values is more than 10% of the total runs scored in that match.
|Runs scored by player||Arpit||100||53|
1)What is the maximum possible percentage contribution of Arpit in the total runs scored in the four matches?
A. 19.7% B. 19.9% C. 20.1% D. 20.2%
2)If the absolute difference between the total runs scored by Arpit and Chatur in the four matches is minimum possible then what is the absolute difference between total runs scored by Bimal and Elan in the four matches?
A. 32 B. 37 C. 27 D. Cannot be determined
3) The players are ranked 1 to 5 on the basis of the total runs scored by them in the four matches, with the highest scorer getting Rank 1. If it is known that no two players scored the same number of total runs, how many players are there whose rank can be exactly determined?
A. 0 B. 1 C. 3 D. 5
The following pie-chart shows the percentage distribution of the expenditure incurred in publishing a book. Study the pie-chart and the answer the questions based on it.
Various Expenditures (in percentage) Incurred in Publishing a Book
1)If for a certain quantity of books, the publisher has to pay Rs. 30,600 as printing cost, then what will be amount of royalty to be paid for these books?
A. Rs. 19,450 B. Rs. 21,200 C. Rs. 22,950 D. Rs. 26,150
2)What is the central angle of the sector corresponding to the expenditure incurred on Royalty?
3) The price of the book is marked 20% above the C.P. If the marked price of the book is Rs. 180, then what is the cost of the paper used in a single copy of the book?
4)Royalty on the book is less than the printing cost by:
1. In how many years has actual educational spending reduced as compared to that of the previous year?
(A) 0 (B) 2 (C) 3 (D) None of these
2. Between the given years, both inclusive, what percentage of the country’s total GDP has gone into education?
(A) 4.3% (B) 3.6% (C) 3.4% (D) 3.1%
3. The total amount given to education would be how many times the total amount given to defence, if every year 2 percent of the GDP is given to defence for the entire period?
(A) 2.15 times (B) 1.55 times (C) 1.7 times (D) 1.8 times
4.As per Ministry of HR, it is obligatory for the government to allocate at least Rs. 3200 crore for education in 2007, provided educational spending, does not exceed 6.5% of GDP. What is the least desirable GDP for 200??
(A) 51520 crore (B) 48240 crore (C) 49230 crore (D) 42720 crore