Practice Test 1:LR
1.) Arun, Hitesh, Jagan, Surya, Vivek, Dilip and Ramneek work in four different departments of the same organization, ie, Marketing, HR, IT and Finance, not necessarily in the same order.
1. Not more than two work in the same department.
2. Each one of them is wearing a different coloured shirt, ie, white, blue, cream, red, black, yellow and pink, not necessarily in the same order.
3. Arun works with Jagan in the Marketing department and is not wearing white shirt.
4. Vivek is wearing yellow shirt and does not work in the Finance department. .
5. Hitesh works with Surya in the same department and is wearing black shirt.
6. Only Dilip works in the ‘HR’ department.
7. Ramneek is in the same department as Vivek.
8. None in the Marketing or ‘IT’ department is wearing cream shirt.
9. Jagan is wearing red shirt; the one who is wearing the pink shirt is working in the Finance department.
1. Who are working in the Finance department?
(a) Arun, Hitesh
(b) Vivek, Ramneek
(c) Surya, Hitesh
(d) Surya, Dilip
2. What is the colour of the shirt which Ramneek is wearing?
3. What is the colour of the shirt which Surya is wearing?
2.) A group of 7 people Salman, Shahrukh, Aamir, Ranbir, Imran, Shahid and Akshay are to be arranged in a row of 7 chairs (not necessarily in the same order), such that 2 adjacent chairs are facing opposite directions but not facing each other .Given below are some of the conditions to be followed for the seating arrangement
a) Akshay sits in a chair whose direction is opposite to that of Imran
b) None of Salman, Shahrukh or Aamir can sit adjacent to each other
c) Ranbir and Shahid are best friends, so they always sit together
d) Imran has 4 people sitting to his right
e) Aamir is sitting 2 positions to the right of Ranbir
1. Which of the following can never occupy adjacent chairs?
a) Akshay & Imran b) Ranbir & Salman c) Shahrukh & Shahid d)Aamir & Imran
2. If Ranbir is 3 places to the right of Imran, then who is 2 places to the left of Akshay?
a)Salman b)Aamir c) Either Shahrukh or Salman d)Either Aamir or Shahrukh
3. If Akshay is 3 places to the left of Shahid, then who can occupy the corner positions (in any order)?
a) Salman and Aamir b) Shahrukh and Salman c) Shahrukh and Aamir d) None of these
3.) A group of three or four has to be selected from seven persons. Among the seven are two women, Fiza and Kavita, and five men: Ram, Shyam, David, Peter and Rahim. Ram would not like to be in the group if Shyam is also selected. Shyam and Rahim want to be selected together in the group. Kavita would like to be in the group only if David is also there. David, if selected, would not like Peter in the group. Ram would like to be in the group only if Peter is also there. David insists that Fiza be selected in case he is there in the group.
1. Which of the following statements is true?
a. Kavita and Ram can be part of a group of four.
b. A group of four can have two women.
c. A group of four can have all four men.
d. None of the above
2. Which of the following is a feasible group of four?
a. Ram, Peter, Fiza, Rahim
b. Shyam, Rahim, Kavita, David
c. Shyam, Rahim, Fiza, David
d. Fiza, David, Ram, Peter
3. Which of the following is a feasible group of three?
a. David, Ram, Rahim
b. Peter, Shyam, Rahim
c. Kavita, David, Shyam
d. Fiza, David, Ram