(The Hindu) Rights of Transgender Persons Bill 2014
Rights of Transgender Persons Bill 2014
- 2014 – SC recognised transsexuals & transgenders as the ‘third gender
- Apr 24, 2015 – RS passed a private members Right of Transgender BIll 2014
Pending in LS.
- Centre sent out notices to states to implement 5 steps :
- Central grant of Rs. 1000 /- per month to parents of transgenders.
- Class VII th – Xth scholarship
- Scholarship for higher studies
- Skill training
- TN ahead in implementation
TN —> 1000 Rs. pension + subsidised bankloans + Transgender Welfare Board
Followed by MH & WB
- Rest states — X
- State govt. must initiate sensitivity training
- Counselors must visit schools (Age group 12 – 13 yrs. )
- Job schemes, reservations, business loans
May 2nd, 2015
Comment (your views) below in not more than 300 words.
Art. Ref. : The road looks long for third gender