(18th Apr – The Hindu) Trade Deficit Widens, Broadband,
Trade Deficit Widens :
- Export declined 1.2 % to 310.5 b $
- Import declined 0.6 % to 447.6 b $
Trade deficit widens = 137 b $ (2013-14)
against = 135 .8 b $ (2014-15)
Export can be /\ by
- Loosening labour laws
- Easing land acquisition.
Art. Ref. : Trade deficit widens – http://www.thehindu.com/business/Economy/indias-trade-deficit-highest-in-4-months/article7114142.ece
- India ranked 125th in the world for fixed broadband penetration below Bhutan & Srilanka
– TRAI suggests that license fee on the revenues earned from fixed line should be exempted for 5yrs.
- India ranked 113th – in wireless/ mobile.
- Broadband Penetration – 3.2/100 inhabitant.
– TRAI suggests – Need to revamp govt bodies involved in decision making that impact spread of boadband including that of WPC (Wirless planning Commission) – Custodian of spectrum at DOT (Department of Telecom).
– WPC – independent statuatory body & delinked from DOT.
– NOFN – Not suitable.
Art. Ref. : India is below Bhutan in broadband reach: TRAI – http://www.thehindu.com/business/Industry/india-ranks-below-bhutan-sri-lanka-in-broadband-reach-trai/article7113619.ece
Read the full article at the source : The Hindu (Links provided).
Comment (your views) below in not more than 300 words for each of the article. Readers can also comment on the article written by other readers.