(April 9th 2015 – The Hindu) Bharat Bangladesh Enclave Coordination Committee, Skills Ministry, Pictorial Warning on Tobacco Products
Bharat Bangladesh Enclave Exchange Coordination Committee (BBEECC)
– offered to donate land to resettle people after the ratification of the Land Border Agreement (Through letter to Modi)
51 Bangladeshi enclaves in India -><- 111 Indian enclaves in Bangladesh
(14000 population (Poonch Bihar dist. of WB)) -><- 38000 population
Art. Ref: Bangladesh border enclave dwellers offer to donate land – http://www.thehindu.com/news/national/bangladesh-border-enclave-dwellers-offer-to-donate-land/article7082282.ece
India will have to train 500 million people : Study
Newly created “SKILLS MINISTRY”
Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojna
109.7 million jobs will be created by 2022
In 24 sectors including unorganized sectors
Art. Ref. : India will be able to create 109.7 mn jobs by 2022: study – http://www.thehindu.com/news/national/india-will-have-to-train-500-m-people-study/article7082274.ece
Pictorial Warning on Tobacco Products
- WHO Report 2009 – Emotional impact of pictorial warning.
- Wanted to quit smoking due to graphical pictorial warnings.
67% – Brazil & NZ
44% – Canada & Thailand
- Pictorial warnings benefit tremendously high in case of poor, illiterate people.
- Measure to demotivate tobacco use : – (by govt.)
- /\ in tax on tobacco product.
- Govt. drafted bill to curb tobacco consumption.
a. Prohibiting sale of products to those under 21 years.
b. Prohibiting sale of cigarettes/bidis in loose.
c. Banning display of tobacco products at outlets.
d. Banning the use of brand name of tobacco products to promote non – tobacco products.
– FCTC (Framework convention on Tobacco Control)
Came into force in 2005
180 countries as parties.
- India passed its own legislation – Cigrattes and other Tobacco Products Act 2003
Art. Ref: A pictorial warning must shock – http://www.thehindu.com/sci-tech/health/tobacco-issue-a-pictorial-warning-must-shock/article7081839.ece
Read the full article at the source : The Hindu (Links provided).
Comment (your views) below in not more than 300 words for each of the article. Readers can also comment on the article written by other readers.