(1st/2nd April – The Hindu) – Indo – China Relationship , Atomic Energy Regulatory Board
Indo – China
- 1st Central Asia International Freight Train from China (Jiangsu province) to Almaty, Kazakhastan – began operation on 25th Feb.
- Constitution of Line D of China – Central Asia NG- P/Line project has already begun.
- Eastern route of China – Russia NG & p/Line – soon.
Art. Ref : ‘Building ties for the 21st century’ – http://www.thehindu.com/opinion/op-ed/building-ties-for-the-21st-century/article7054501.ece
IRRSC (Integrated Regulatory Review Service)
- After reviewing legal and regulatory framework related to safety of nuclear power plants & projects in India.
- Has recommended – (Regulatory Independence)
- to the AERB by law (Atomic Energy Regulatory Board).
- AERB is functionally independent from DAE as well as from influences of licences.
- scope of strengthening independence can be done by enacting an act.
- Also recommended to promulgate National Policy and strategy for safety & radioactive waste management strategy.
In India :
- We recycle spent fuel
- Process plutonium & other materials
- Reuse them
- Remaining R/A waste (mainly actinides)
- Vitrified & stored safe.
Minor actinides have long shell life
Other waste – 300 years
Art. Ref : AERB should get regulatory independence by law: IRRS – http://www.thehindu.com/news/national/aerb-should-get-regulatory-independence-by-law-says-report-by-international-review-service/article7053895.ece
Read the full article at the source : The Hindu (Links provided).
Comment (your views) below in not more than 300 words for each of the article. Readers can also comment on the article written by other readers.