Demure Vs Demur
Lets discuss the difference between the two confusing words Demure and Demur
|1||(s)||affectedly modest or shy especially in a playful or provocative way
Type: ‘adj.all’ Synonym: coy, overmodest,
Sentence Usage :
1. A demure girl is quiet and serious. She is modest, not showing off her good looks or glamour. When a girl is demure she behaves with decorum. She never tries to attract others’ attention to her or to her body.
2. The demure starlet blushed, batted her eyelashes, and launched into a dramatic skit.
3. He was wearing a demure gray suit.
How to Remember : demur is the one who objects; demure is who doest not object, who is reserved and shy.
|1||(n)||(law) a formal objection to an opponent’s pleadings
Type: ‘noun.communication’; Synonym: demurral, demurrer,
|1||(v)||take exception to
Type: ‘verb.communication’ ; Synonym: except,
Usage: ‘he demurred at my suggestion to work on Saturday’
|2||(v)||enter a demurrer
1. He demurred at the demand of bribe at government office.
2. He demurred at my suggestion to work on Diwali.
How to remember:
It sounds a like Damn U R wrong!! I object!!